Global manufacturer known for creating high end packaging products for the commercial, military and consumer industry seeks a Senior Production Leader to join their expanding team.
In this role you will help drive continuous improvement to ensure safety, efficiency and implementing, educating, and successfully sustaining a process consisting of Tier meetings, SQCDI management/ triggers for action, 6S, Root Cause Analysis, hour by hour monitoring, visual management, leader standard work and productivity improvements.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
WHAT YOU BRING
- Monitor department KPIs and reporting
- Champion safety across the facility,
- Assure that raw materials/components are effectively used, minimizing scrap/waste, and ensure materials
- Review production equipment, focusing on utilization rates while identifying potential bottlenecks and replacement needs.
- Drive cost reduction and continuous improvement in the attainment of business goals.
- Lead the production teams to optimize material flow, reduce waste, inventory and lead time throughout the operation.
- Work closely with planning to determine significant shifts in volume and proposes plans for an increase/ decrease in staffing, change in shifts, ramp up/ ramp down plans.
- Assure customer orders are satisfied timely, meeting or exceeding all delivery requirements and meeting schedule requirements.
- Champion lean methods to improve production methods and equipment performance, and drive changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of department.
- Promote a safe work environment through safety audits and report potential safety hazards to the EHS Manager with immediate implementation of Prevention Reoccurrence Plans to eliminate all safety concerns.
- Accountable for Leading 5S/6S initiatives by setting department standards and driving continuous improvement of the work areas and enforcing discipline to follow standards.
- Coach team leads and team members to understand and embrace it as a part of the operating culture.
- Champion and coach process audits – continuously coaching Supervisors and team members to follow and improve standards while driving improvements and facilitating action item completion.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Degree in business or technical degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years leadership experience in a manufacturing environment. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Experience with coaching, teaching and implementing Operational Excellence and Lean Principles
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including MS Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Experience with SAP, TPS, ISO9001:2008 is a plus
- 3-5 years of Injection Molding Experience a bonus.
- Must have experience with Lean Manufacturing
- Take a lead role in floor-based problem-solving efforts.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills with proven ability to influence cross-functional teams.
- Base Salary 135k - 160k
- 15% Annual Bonus
- Cell Phone Allowance
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision Life
- Matching 401k
- Tuition & Certification Reimbursement
- Sick Time
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Relocation Assistance Provided