National provider of Innovative Supply Chain, Digital and Turnkey Solutions in the Utilities and Construction industries seeks a Payroll Manager to join their team! In this role you will oversee payroll, time keeping, 401k, benefits, government reporting, performance management, policy implementation, employment law and compliance. This is a hybrid role, mostly remote!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Provide strong oversight of U.S. multi-state payroll functions. Ensure an accurate and timely payroll, including but not limited to salary, equity, bonus, benefits and taxes. Lead the implementation of any new payroll platforms or upgrades.
• Responsible for ensuring all payroll regulatory filings are completed in line with statutory due dates, and stay current on regulations, benefits changes, and labor laws impacting the payroll process for all payroll tax jurisdictions. Manage employee globalization initiatives and ensure proper treatment of reportable benefits for tax equalized employees.
• Assist with month-end close, quarter-end and year-end processes for all entities including reviewing/approving journal entries, account reconciliations and accruals.
• Work closely with external auditors to complete the annual company’s 401k audit, workers’ compensation audit and financial statements audit. Proactively prepare relevant management reports as needed.
• Assist Recruiting team on new employee recruitment, orientation, and training, either through primary function or through performance of subordinates.
• Perform analysis and prepare statistical reports, KPI reports and communications for use in formulating goals and objectives.
• Manage employee benefit enrollments, questions, or inquiries.
WHAT YOU BRING
• Strong knowledge of multi-state US payroll, with excellent understanding of payroll laws and regulations.
• Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited four-year college preferred
• 5+ years’ of progressive payroll experience. CPP a plus!
• Previous experience in administration of a union contract; grievances, arbitrations and NLRB regulations, preferred.
• Knowledge of HR Systems such systems, ADP WorkForce Now HRIS and Workforce timekeeping preferred; Internet software; Microsoft Excel spreadsheets a MUST, Word Processing and Power Point software.
• Possess functional knowledge of HR related policies, regulations and employment laws.
WHAT WE OFFER
• Base salary 90k-105k DOE
• Bonus 10%
• Benefits 100% paid for employee
• Vacation -2 weeks
• Tuition and certification assistance