Global Manufacturer in the commercial, consumer and government industries seeks a Global Director of Logistics Warehousing and Transportation to join their expanding team!
In this role you will develop and manage all strategic and tactical aspects of the Global Logistics Operations and support services including 3PL services to customers for all business divisions. We are an essential business and part of this role will play a key role in assisting our clients in expedite the COVID-19 vaccines!
DAY IN THE LIFE
• Sets vision, strategic direction, expectations, annual and long-term objectives for logistics and warehouse operations.
• Strategically adjust department’s activities, policies and practices to meet and/or exceed key performance metrics and customer satisfaction goals.
• Develop strong partnerships with all front office functions to include Factories, Purchasing, Sales and Product Marketing and supports new product development activities as related to freight and logistics.
• Analyze anticipated growth of Operating Company against capacities to maintain and ensure proper storage, receiving, and shipping capabilities for present and future business.
• Ensures contingency policies, systems and practices are in place to prevent and eliminate business disruption.
• Champion efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists with implementation of changes within areas of responsibility.
• Manage transportation plans, annual transportation budget and develops and administers programs to determine the most advantageous and economical methods of shipment for company products.
• Manage carrier relationships and contract negotiation and monitors volume commitment per contract.
• Engage with customers to understand their transportation needs and provide the best mutually beneficial solutions to mitigate will-calls and pick up’s at 3PL locations.
• Manage 3PL providers and works with warehouse leadership to analyze trends, implement new technologies and drive overall performance to maximize on-time delivery, customer satisfaction, reduce costs, compress lead times, improve efficiencies and implement corrective actions to resolve any issues.
• Develop value add service solutions for the aggregation of forecast at the distribution center, service negotiations, etc.
• Partners with and support customs compliance processes to ensure needs are consistently met, restrictions understood and deployed.
• Leader in 3PL contract negotiations, both for warehousing and transportation.
WHAT YOU BRING
• 5+ years in a Director or VP level role in logistics, supply chain, operations industry
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of study.
• Prior experience with SAP or similar ERP’s.
• Prior experience with 3PL LSA’s/SLA’s, both in warehousing and transportation.
• Understanding of 3PL financial models, margins, or prior experience working for 3PL.
• In-depth knowledge of warehousing and inventory management procedures.
• Ability to operate strategically, while understanding the tactical implications of decisions.
• Superior negotiation and analytical skills, and financial acumen.
• Knowledge of TMS, MTS providers and processes.
• Knowledge of technology solutions for warehouse operations and transportation systems.
• Knowledge of DTC/E-Commerce operations and best practices.
• International shipping practices, experience working with brokers, freight forwarders, drayage/truckers, import/export volumes including experience negotiating FF agreements / RFP’s and carrier agreements.
• Experience working with BI tools, such as SAP Analytics or Tableau.
• Proficient in Word, Excel, MS Project and/or other appropriate software.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Base Salary 175k-200k
- Annual Bonus:17.5 %
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- 401k Match
- 3 Weeks Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Tuition Assistance
- WFH Options