WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR (Overview)
Expanding Manufacturing seeks a Continuous Improvement Manager to provide advisory training solutions to small and medium-sized manufacturers in the Massachusetts marketplace. The Continuous Improvement - Project Manager will deploy and sustain lean and continuous improvement programs, working in conjunction with plant and department leaders to identify areas of their operations where the deployment of continuous improvement methodologies will improve key performance indicators, operating results, space required, inventory levels and manufacturing costs.
This role will work at client sites across Massachusetts and can be based anywhere in the MA, RI or CT area
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING (Responsibilities)
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING WITH YOU TO THE JOB (Required)
- Work closely with sales to develop a tailored curriculum of services for identified manufacturing clientele.
- Areas of focus include: Operational Excellence, Workforce Strategies, Growth Solutions and grant assistance.
- identify, prioritize and execute continuous improvement activities, drive standardization and consistency of approach.
- Effectively leverage tools, such as lean six sigma and change management to drive continuous improvement activities to improve operating results.
- Take clients systematically from their “current state of operations” to a dramatically-improved future state – a high performance enterprise. Help manufacturers to create sustainable, positive impact to their bottom and top line in order to become more competitive.
- Lead operational value stream mapping to improve performance and eliminate constraints.
- Manages activities of company and third-party training resources at that given client.
- Regularly quantifies the economic benefit of the training programs on the financial strength and growth initiatives of the client.
WHAT WE'RE OFFERING (Compensation)
- BS in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering degree or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of manufacturing experience in a training, engineering, quality, management or supervisory role.
- Proven experience in automating downstream operations.
- Project management skills with good time management of project/client relationships management, training facilitation, training delivery and administrative skills.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office suite to prepare presentations and communications and to track delivery of services and administration of survey process.
- Great organizational planning skills with the proven ability to facilitate change
- Base Salary 85k - 90k plus annual bonuses (Salary is negotiable based on experience)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, up to 80% employer paid contribution
- 401k with generous matching
- Life Insurance 100% employer paid
- Holidays,Vacation, Sick and Personal paid time off
- Tuition Reimbursement 8000k a year