seeks an Accounting Manager to join their expanding team. In this role, will be responsible for general ledger oversight, financial reporting, cash management, banking, financial risk management, accounting research, and income and sales tax reporting and compliance. You will also be responsible for managing a team comprised of accountants, accounts payable and accounts receivable professionals.
What You'll Do
What You Need
- Develop, analyze, and interpret accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budgets, and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness of operating effectiveness of the Company.
- Financial reporting and Analysis
- Furnish internal reports, revise and update reports to be more useful and efficient.
- Develop useful KPI’s and dashboard reports to keep decision makers apprised of financial position, including: Sales, A/R, A/P, Inventory, T&E expense, Operating expense, and ROI’s
- Gauge profitability across all customers and provide weekly reporting.
- Ensure timely and accurate close of financial records to support timely delivery of internal reports to decision makers.
- Conduct and oversee month-end closing procedures, including overall adherence to GAAP.
- Oversee the general ledger and review all aspects of proposed adjusting journal entries as well as account reconciliations.
- Research accounting issues for compliance with GAAP
- Ability to manage team and be hands on in cash management, A/R collections, and A/P disbursements. This includes the annual 1099 process and all other banking and regulatory requirements.
- Establish/refine policies and procedures across all functional areas of the business, including: Procurement, credit and collections, supplier payment terms, contract administration, establishing new customers and suppliers, and inventory management.
- Seek methods to lower operating expenses.
- Identify opportunities to increase gross profits.
- Identify and curtail up-trending expenses without materially disrupting the normal course of business.
- Responsible for planning and compliance of all sales and income tax provisions.
- Oversee matters related to document control and storage in adherence to the Company’s record retention policy.
- Coordinate and act as liaison between the Company and the independent accounting firm to provide detailed schedules in connection with annual reviews and corporate income tax return filings.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited university. MBA degree preferred.
- CPA certification with public (Big 4 or national firm) accounting experience preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of general accounting experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in managing a team of professionals.
- Strong analytical skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel, and have the ability to scrutinize the details.
- Experience in a distribution industry environment preferred.
- Large MRP system experience required.
What We Offer
- Base Salary: 100k-110k
- Annual Bonuses
- WFH options
- Tuition & Certification Assistance