Our client, a pioneer in the metal forming industry seeks a dynamic Production Control Manager, ideal candidate will also provide the necessary support and guidance needed to meet internal and external delivery requirements and streamline the planning processes involved with making products.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
• Three years of experience as a manager of production control or scheduling process.
• Two-year degree required (Business, Supply Chain, or Technical.) Bachelor’s degree is highly preferred
• Experience in implementation of upgrading MRP systems.
• Strong leadership in developing and coaching a seasoned team
• Materials Requirement Planning (MRP).
• General knowledge of Engineering Change Processes, Inventory Control & Transactional Management.
• Proficiency in Excel and database.
• APICS certification is preferred.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
• Maintain all MRP or applicable scheduling systems pertaining to the management and scheduling activities required for work order, capacity, and workload planning., track reports, advises, and conduct production planning processes in order to ensure the organization meets customer delivery requirements and expectations.
• Monitor, track, report and advise production planning processes.
• Lead schedule communication process via regular meetings or systematic data with the goal to keep the organization marching to one drumbeat
• Maintain and continuously improve MRP system parameters and processes for effective use of system planning and scheduling capabilities
• Proactively pursue the elimination of shortages that impact or may impact production and shipments.
• Proactively provide schedule and release direction for manufacturing orders within the facility. Coordinate as required the scheduling of orders with sales, manufacturing, engineering, R&D, and other areas.
• Assist Manufacturing and Purchasing in determining appropriate safety stock levels, minimum or maximum inventory settings, Kanban signals, or other visual methods to trigger timely inventory consumption or replenishment.
• Support sales activities, new product introduction, and other customer demand fulfillment activities.
• Update information such as performance indicators, operations targets, planning boards, periodic planning reports, or other requirements.
• Develops and continually improves necessary procedures, work instructions and training for the department team to effectively carry out production control activities.
WHAT WE OFFER
• Base Salary: 85k-95k DOE
• Annual Bonus
• Benefits: Medical, Dental,Vision,Life
• 401k Match- Enrolled immediately day one of hire!
• Sick Time
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition Assistance
• Career growth opportunities