National Manufacturer and Distributor in the Consumer, Commercial and Whole Industry seeks a savvy Senior Director of Credit & Collections Director to direct the daily operations of the Credit and Collections department.
- Develop and report on the key performance indicators (KPIs) of the collection function.
- Implement and monitor standardized reporting metrics.
- Responsible for hiring, setting performance goals, performance feedback, career development, and team development for the Credit and Collections team.`
- Research customers and extension of credit lines.
- Oversee the timely collections of AR account balances to improve cash flow.
- Design and implement policies, practices, and procedures for effective management and minimization of credit risk and management of collections.
- Work closely with leadership and cross functional teams to develop proactive credit evaluation
- Gather and analyze financial data to recommend credit limits and credit terms.
- Monitor credit exposure, including current credit limits and take actions where appropriate to adequately manage risk.
- Provide oversight of the collections policy and processes.
- Analyze receivable balances for trends and warning signs to drive collection efforts keeping receivables current and ensuring bad debt reserves are sufficient to cover collection risk.
- Obtain security interests
- Work closely with Sales , Finance and External Customers
- Initiate legal or other recovery actions against non-payers via collection agencies and attorn
- Coordinate and follow through with all bankruptcy notices.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, related business fields, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 8 plus years’ experience in credit, collections, and monitoring credit lines.
- 5 years’ managerial experience.
- Solid knowledge of commercial credit and collection laws, concepts, practices, and procedures; strong collection, analytical and negotiating skills.
- Strong working knowledge of banking instruments, such as UCC filings, letters of credit, personal guarantees, D & B reports and personal credit reports.
- MS Office; Teams, Outlook, Excel, Word.
- Experience in a high-volume call center.
- Preferred experience in manufacturing or distribution industries.
- Knowledge in NetSuite a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- 120k-130k base salary plus annual bonuses
- Full Medical Dental and Vision HMO, PPO
- 401k Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Vacation Time
- Sick Pay