WHO WE ARE
Global Manufacturer specialist in the Aerospace industry which designs, manufacturers and services with over 300 customers in 30 countries seeks a Production Manager to oversee one of their largest divisions. In this role the you will manage and monitor process, quality and quantity of production to ensure we achieve daily/weekly and monthly target. You will be involved in all aspects of production including facilities planning, staffing, leadership development, and new product introduction to ensure your team's success and growth.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Responsible for directing and managing Production Group Supervisors and other department employees
- Ensure that all HSE, quality, production problems are resolved during production meetings and address results vs. KPI’s with cross functional departments.
- Manages production to meet monthly budgets.
- Organize process data using tools such as 8D, 5S, Kaizen, Lean, Six-Sigma (DMAIC), VSM, and Statistical Process Control (SPC) to reduce process variation and improve quality and throughput.
- Responsible for preventive maintenance and machine uptime.
- Devise Departmental Action Plans
- Monitor tools, material, quality and production.
- Drive corrective actions and confirms full cycle of problem solving and prevention.
- Organize and maintain high standards of performance, quality and customer service for the production division.
- Responsible for implementing company policies and guidelines as prescribed by management.
- Implement and maintain training for job related functions.
- Interview, evaluate, hire, train, motivate, supervise and discipline all personnel under
- direct supervision.
- Coaches for improved performance, identifies/develops high potential employees, conducts performance evaluations, disciplinary action and recommends compensation increases within company guidelines.
- Participates and ensures implementation of Continuous Improvement culture
- Applies Six Sigma and Lean concepts to product development and departmental management
- Design work flow and implement and utilizing Six Sigma Practices
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Transfers technical data into meaningful written documents that can be understood by all levels of the organizationBalance team and individual responsibilities and exhibit objectivity and openness to others' views; giving and welcomed feedback.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members
WHAT WE OFFER!
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university required in related field (Mechanical Engineering preferred)
- 5 years management experience in manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Aerospace or Medical industry experience preferred
- Certification and/or experience in the following; 8D, 5S, Kaizen, Lean, Six-Sigma (DMAIC), VSM, and Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Base Salary: 90k-115k
- Semi Annual Bonuses !
- 4/10 Work Week!
- Holiday Pay
- Sick Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- Matching 401k
- Tuition Assistance up to 10,000 per year!