What We're Looking For (Job Overview)
National leader in the utility, gas, electric and energy industries seeks dynamic Materials Manager of Substation & Transmission
to manage day-to-day operations.
What You'll Be Doing (Responsibilities)
What You'll Need To Bring With You To The Job (Requirements)
- Manage the daily operations on the yard including pick/ship, inventory, quality and safety.
- Leads the yard teams including the shipping/receiving clerk, QA/QC Specialist, and union yard handling crew.
- Create, implement, communicate and interpret new and existing policies and procedure to staff members.
- Provide both strategic and tactical direction in sourcing, supplier performance and system implementation.
- Coordinate with QA/QC to ensure the scheduled inspections are performed on time and NCR’s when produced are handled efficiently to avoid any delays to the schedule.
- Read and understand blueprints/ Engineered Spec. and design sheets.
- Work directly with other yard Materials Managers to ensure information is being received timely and the upload format is consistent and conducive to field receiving.
- Reconcile discrepancies between vendor material lists and shipping notices.
- Work directly with vendors and/or expediting to ensure vendors provide contractually required documents in compliant formats.
- Monitor supplier engineering and manufacturing schedules to ensure schedules are maintained and pro‐actively manages any possible delays.
- Perform complex material administration activities to support project teams.
- Work closely with program members, suppliers, administrators and internal procurement personnel to make sure all deadlines are met, and delays are mitigated before/during/and after material has been received.
What We're Offering You In Exchange For Your Excellent Work (Compensation)
- Experience in leading and managing teams in a laydown yard environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business or directly related discipline or equivalent 4 years of experience in a Supply Chain or Operations environment.
- 5+ years of Transmission/Substation experience is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- SAP OR SX.E systems experience helpful.
- OSHA 30 Certification or willingness to become certified.
Who We Are (About Us)
- Base Salary: 120k-140k
- Bonuses Paid Out Twice A Year
- Benefits 100% Paid for Individual
- 401k Match
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Time Paid
- Tuition Assistance
- Relocation Assistance Provided!
We are a National Strategic Partner in the utility, gas, electric and energy industries who manages the entire procurement of material through the capital project life cycle with our customer and we provide end-to-end materials management capabilities for electric transmission and substation capital construction and maintenance work / projects. We consolidate and standardize procurement practices, material logistics and handling, storage, and reconciliation. We standardize ordering processes, stock numbering material, material classification, yard consolidation, etc.