WHAT YOU’LL DO
WHAT YOU NEED
- Prepare new hire packets and personnel folders. Follow up with new hires for missing paperwork for personnel files.
- Conduct the on-boarding process, including orientation, badges, business cards, medical input for employee changes and/or new hires, etc.
- Responsible for all benefits enrollments for new employees and follow up with existing employees on any changes.
- I-9 Administration including processing E-verify for all new hires.
- Prepare job descriptions for new hires utilizing job postings, to be reviewed by supervisor.
- Responsible for term packets and termination of employee benefits.
- Assist all employees and third parties professionally and timely with all questions and requests, including data inquiries, & verifications of employment while maintaining confidentiality & privacy rules.
- Generate reports including but not limited to the Organization Chart, Headcount, Hires/Terms, etc.
- Research, write, and explain company personnel policies, and procedures to employees or job applicants.
- Analyze data, write reports, and research and resolve problems, ensuring data integrity, supporting technical projects, as assigned.
- Handle email & phone inquiries using correct protocol in screening callers & direct to appropriate department member to assist or handle.
- Ensure company compliance with federal and state laws, including reporting requirements.
- Assist in preparing benefit comparison analysis and employee benefit spreadsheet for payroll during Medical Open Enrollment.
- Assist in preparing Employee Census and Promotion, Hire and Termination logs and data reports for annual Affirmative Action Plan reporting.
- Assist in preparing reports to meet management requests and needs for human resource related information to various levels.
WHO WE ARE
- Bachelor’s degree required. Fields of study preferred include Human Resources, Personnel Management, Organizational Development and/or Business Administration.
- 3 years of progressive experience in HR admin. or customer service
- Experience with MS Office applications: Word, Access, Power Point, and Outlook
- Proficient using Microsoft Excel: pivot tables, vlookup, index/match, write formulas, conditional format, advanced charts, & integrate wi/ other tools.
- Self-motivated, professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion.
- Ability and willingness to learn new applications.
- Outstanding customer service, verbal and written communication skills, team and goal oriented, good problem solving, and ability to work with a diverse work force.
Fast-growing Southern California high tech company specializing in advanced military defense, homeland security, and energy solutions. We are seeking an enthusiastic, talented Human Resources Specialist for an exciting full time opportunity in Torrance, CA.